Quote

Soft moss a downy pillow makes, and green leaves spread a tent,
Where faerie fold may rest and sleep until their night is spent.
The bluebird sings a lullaby, the firefly gives a light,
The twinkling stars are candles bright, Sleep, Faeries all, Goodnight.
---Elizabeth T. Dillingham "A Faery Song"

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Wisteria Hysteria

Yes 'tis true that certain things will drive a gardener mad ie:  a plant that seemingly will not bloom.  Did my wisteria hear the mutterings under my breath or threats of shovel pruning?  I was afraid to even hope that these buds were the ones I had anticipated for approximately 7 years, the fledgling blooms of my dreams.
Oh the suspense...

Do I hear Carly Simon in the background??..."anticipation is making me wait"...
Zip a de doo dah!  My oh my what a wonderful...er...bloom!  Yes I am quite hysterical over this as you can tell.  Those who are blessed enough to have experienced this for years in your garden you surely must know the euphoria I am experiencing.  (along with the bees who are covering every open blossom).  I think wisteria is God's way of teaching us patience. 

A final parting shot...

2 comments:

  1. I love your wisteria... I've tried many here... am now having some luck with macrostachya. Very nice and I'm sure exciting after the wait! Larry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! It is always worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete