Quote

Soft moss a downy pillow makes, and green leaves spread a tent,
Where faerie fold may rest and sleep until their night is spent.
The bluebird sings a lullaby, the firefly gives a light,
The twinkling stars are candles bright, Sleep, Faeries all, Goodnight.
---Elizabeth T. Dillingham "A Faery Song"

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Here a Bloom there a Bloom

I have been enjoying the sights of spring and have been pleasantly surprised by some new blooms not before beheld by these eyes.  Are your ready to take a peek?
I'm always "verklempt" by the first iris bloom.
Native columbine procured at last falls Middle Tennessee Plant Swap.

Lamium Archangel- surprise I didn't know it bloomed a lovely lemon yellow!

Solomon's seal has surely sealed it's place in my garden.  Also a last year's plant swap find.

Other than enjoying my blooms I've been really working myself into the ground every evening after work and the weekends.  Today I had Glen dig up 4 forsythia bushes that have only caused me grief since I planted them in my perennial bed (before I knew it was to be a perennial bed).  I am passing those along to a coworker.  Now I have 4 nice holes to put something in that I really do want!

No comments:

Post a Comment