Quote

Soft moss a downy pillow makes, and green leaves spread a tent,
Where faerie fold may rest and sleep until their night is spent.
The bluebird sings a lullaby, the firefly gives a light,
The twinkling stars are candles bright, Sleep, Faeries all, Goodnight.
---Elizabeth T. Dillingham "A Faery Song"

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Fast Forward Through Spring

Don't y'all feel that way?  After waiting so long for event the tiniest speck of green all of a sudden things have been exploding like fireworks!  Hard to believe how many flowers have come and gone already.  I would miss so much if I didn't check the yard daily now. 
My bleeding heart is looking quite regal already:
Creeping Jenny has been doing more "leaping" than "creeping!"

 the upper garden

The lower garden

My little shady corner.  I am especially loving my brunnera "Jack Frost"  I have wanted this plant for a long time.  It was a souvenir of my Huntsville trip to Bennett's Nursery.

My new red/orange gazing ball will look better when underplanted.

So this is where my help went to!
So hold on to spring while you can.  In the words of Ferris Bueller, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."  Well said.

3 comments:

  1. Your gardens are beautiful!!!! I am taking a break while my cakes cool and some bake....2 this week~baseball and an ant. Hope you have a wonderful weekend...it should be nice. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, my....you have handsome help. I also have Jack Frost and I'm crazy about the big heart-shaped leaves and the tiny blue flowers.

    Luv the line up of blooms in your header photo.

    donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a way with both flowers and words! Keep making the world a more beautiful place...

    ReplyDelete