Quote

Soft moss a downy pillow makes, and green leaves spread a tent,
Where faerie fold may rest and sleep until their night is spent.
The bluebird sings a lullaby, the firefly gives a light,
The twinkling stars are candles bright, Sleep, Faeries all, Goodnight.
---Elizabeth T. Dillingham "A Faery Song"

Monday, March 22, 2010

Peek-A-Boo I see YOU!

Today is nasty and overcast but that didn't stop me from checking to see what is peeking out of the ground!
I have about 4 different varieties of later daffodils which are teasing me with their fat buds!
I am trialing a tip I saw in one of my (many) garden books.  Obviously using 6 pack holders to (hopefully) keep my peonies from a mud facial during their peak bloom time.

Saturday I relocated some shamrocks.  They will be a nice edger to view as I pass through my white arbor.

This native sedum is freshening up.  It makes me smile to see it "pouring" from the spout!

I would really love this wisteria if it would bloom!  I keep thinking..."maybe this year."  I am enjoying the purple hyacinths at the base of it.

No Pixie is not laughing at me...she found a nut to mouthe on!

I am impressed with the vigor of this native columbine.  This is my first time to grow it and it seems to be thriving in a difficult spot. 


4 comments:

  1. I'll be very curious to see how your peony experiment works. I have avoided getting herbaceous peonies the very reason you are trying to by-pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sedum in the kettle! I am going to have to try that. I have several kettles, so that is a good idea..thanks! I am stealing it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sedum in the kettle,must go on a car boot sale and find me one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! That sedum has lived happily in the kettle for a couple of years now.

    ReplyDelete