Quote

Soft moss a downy pillow makes, and green leaves spread a tent,
Where faerie fold may rest and sleep until their night is spent.
The bluebird sings a lullaby, the firefly gives a light,
The twinkling stars are candles bright, Sleep, Faeries all, Goodnight.
---Elizabeth T. Dillingham "A Faery Song"

Friday, December 23, 2011

Treasure Hunt

I celebrated the winter solstice with a big ole HURRAH...since it marks the end of shortening days.  As the days lengthen so does my mood lighten.  I am on school break so I promised myself to tackle a chore most days that I have been putting off.  The potting shed was a wreck so I spent an afternoon cleaning and organizing (sorry no pictures).  While I was down there I decided to look and see if I could find any "buried treasure." 
CAMELLIA- YULETIDE--appropriate isn't it?

This variegated ivy keeps my windowbox from being bare!

Bud on my pink lenten rose

This is my "woodland garden" that I started 2 years ago.  I took a pic at this angle to show you its proximity to my house.  A little story about the rock edging in front-  I recently removed this from my dad's house when we sold it.  I didn't know it but my brother told me that he and our dad hauled these from a location in Wayne County near the Buffalo River.  He further said they had been the foundation of an old springhouse.  I love things that have history so this made me especially happy to keep them near me and in my garden.  I have bulbs, gold dust acuba, hellebores, azaleas, bleeding hearts, etc in this area.  Right now it's the hardscape and the acuba keeping it real.
YUCCA- COLOR GUARD-  It has a faint pink blush if you look close.

Birdbath with violas


Pixie says "Merry Christmas to All and to All a Good Garden!"

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too Jennifer!! Hope Santa finds you all tonight!! Maybe something new for your garden he will leave under your tree :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas!
    Enjoy your time "puttering" in the garden as I always say when I go out to check on things.
    I too celebrating the winter solstice! Longer days are ahead.

    ReplyDelete