Quote

Soft moss a downy pillow makes, and green leaves spread a tent,
Where faerie fold may rest and sleep until their night is spent.
The bluebird sings a lullaby, the firefly gives a light,
The twinkling stars are candles bright, Sleep, Faeries all, Goodnight.
---Elizabeth T. Dillingham "A Faery Song"

Saturday, June 30, 2012

All Dried Out...Over You

I won't tell you how hot and dry it is in Tennessee.  Things are tough all over from what I hear.  I ventured bravely outside in 103.5 temperatures this afternoon to photograph what I could.  Although the weather is not fit for man nor beast, there was still beauty if you looked closely.

STARGAZER LILY

CONEFLOWERS

CANNAS

TIGER LILIES

FEVERFEW

BLACKBERRY LILY

NASTURTIUMS

SUM AND SUBSTANCE HOSTA

Dry...

and Drier....

FAIRY GARDEN--situated wisely by the faucet

To make matters worse I have seen my first evidence of armadillo visits (kicked up mulch and holes).  It's enough to make a gardener cry but I'm too dehydrated to create any tears (ha).  I am blessed to have a natural spring to run sprinklers off of but it will only hold out for 30 minutes at a time and then it takes about an hour to build up again.  Summer is here with a vengeance this time--so drink plenty of water and stay in the shade (or A/C)!!

4 comments:

  1. There is beauty out there in the heat. Some plants love it and are amazing. This is the time I start noting what to get more of. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen...I may turn into a tumble weed and blow away with our run of triple digits this week. I still see lots of pretty in that garden of yours! :D
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tell you what, I think the summers are getting worse and worse. I wonder when things will get better?

    ReplyDelete