Quote

Soft moss a downy pillow makes, and green leaves spread a tent,
Where faerie fold may rest and sleep until their night is spent.
The bluebird sings a lullaby, the firefly gives a light,
The twinkling stars are candles bright, Sleep, Faeries all, Goodnight.
---Elizabeth T. Dillingham "A Faery Song"

Monday, July 26, 2010

DOG DAYS OF SUMMER

The dog days of summer are definitely here! (see pic below)

At this time of year I am tired and so is my garden.  We have had rain all around us but none here.  I am hopeful though that we will get some this week.  I am thankful though that some flowers thrive in these xeric conditions. 

LIMELIGHT HYDRANGEA

RUDBECKIA "GOLDSTRUM" AKA BLACKEYED SUSAN, OSTRICH FERN AND SHASTA DAISIES

RUDBECKIA "TRILOBA" OR BROWN EYED SUSAN

MORE RUDBECKIA, PURPLE PHLOX AND AGASTACHE "TUTTI FRUITTI"

I have been working on my woodland/shade garden in the past few weeks and it's really taking shape.  I'll post my progress soon.  Till then I'll have to steal my tolerable moments in the garden and wait for the next act and the flowers/foliage it brings..FALL!

3 comments:

  1. We've had very little rain all July. I hope it gets better, but it's supposed to be sunny all week. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jennifer, My garden is hot and dry. And neglected. Good for you for keeping at it even in the heat! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. My little bulbs are... Muscari! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot and dry has been the words of the month for us as well. All pop up showers were skipping us by as well. I was dragging the hose all around the gardens trying to keep things alive. Finally the past 3 evenings, we were lucky to get those pop up showers. The grass and gardens have popped by to life. I will keep my fingers crossed for showers to come your way as well.

    I love your spring house and the trip to St Louis looks like it was a nice get away! Thanks for sharing that beautiful Botanical Gardens and lucky you with your Lowes bargains...

    ReplyDelete